Welcome to the
Absecon Social & Athletic Club (ASAC)
ASAC was formed to foster, encourage, and promote the playing of athletics for the children
and families of the residents of Absecon through the maintenance and operation of instructional,
intramural, and travel team programs; to develop and promote the qualities of physical fitness,
competitive spirit, team play, loyalty, and good sportsmanship in those who participate in the
program; to provide opportunities for adults interested in participating in the program as
coaches or, in other capacities, to work with children in a sports setting; and to foster and
promote understanding in the fundamentals and the finer points of athletics.
ASAC Old News
- 10-06-13 Any boys 16-18 years old interested in playing travel baseball in 2014, please contact Mike Mannering (contact info here).
- 07-16-13 Congratulations to Absecon's 11/12U All-Star team for recently winning the Mays Landing 50/70 tournament. Great job!
- 06-22-12 Congratulations to this year's winners of the Absecon Invitational Baseball Tournament! We hope everyone enjoyed the Tournament and had a load of fun.
Many thanks to all the volunteers who made this Tournament possible including John Farinelli, Rose Green, Dave Williamson, Mike Reynolds, and many volunteers!
- 8U: Absecon
- 10U: Ocean City
- 12U: Ocean City
- Congratulations also to the 2013 winners of the Tony Iaconelli MVP Award!
- 8U: Wade Stetzer (Margate)
- 10U: Eric Hennis (Ventnor)
- 12U: Hunter Rich (Linwood)
- 06-14-13 2013 Baseball Tournament brackets have been updated due to inclement weather and field conditions.
- 06-12-13 2013 Baseball Tournament Brackets (10U/12U) and Schedule (8U) have been posted. BE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST VERSIONS - MINOR CHANGES WERE MADE LATE 6/12 WED. Check this website, like us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on field conditions and any weather related delays. We'll make every attempt to keep the calendar and brackets as up to date as possible.
- 05-13-13 Information about our 2013 Baseball Tournament has been posted.
- 06-25-12 Congratulations to this year's winners of the Absecon Invitational Baseball Tournament! We hope everyone enjoyed the Tournament and had a load of fun.
Many thanks to all the volunteers who made this Tournament possible including Amy & Jake Ketschek, John Farinelli, Ed Soltys, and many volunteers!
- 8U: Lower Twp
- 10U: Upper Twp
- 12U: Margate
- Congratulations also to the 2012 winners of the Tony Iaconelli MVP Award!
- 8U: Gabe Salinsky (Lower Twp)
- 10U: Gavyn Fox (EHT)
- 12U: Eddie Puerta (Margate)
- 07-28-11 SJ Maniacs will be holding tryouts for their 10U travel softball team this Sat from 10-noon at the Wagon Wheel fields.
- 07-26-11 Congratulations to Absecon's 9/10u District 16 Little League All-Star team. They finished a successful tournament as runners up to Northfield in the District 16 Finals, with a 10-2 loss. Their Tournament run consisted of a 6-7 loss to Ventnor, placing them in the losers bracket. They then reeled off 5 consecutive wins: 27-4 vs Lower Cape May, 13-3 vs Greater Wildwood, 6-3 vs Margate, 9-4 vs Hammonton and 10-4 vs Ventnor, to place them in the finals.
- 07-26-11 Congratulations to the ASAC American League Repeat-Champion Yankees.
- 06-20-11 Congratulations to the 2011 ASAC 8th Grade award winners!
- The Kay Higbee Award: Audrey Wilson and Corey Heck
- The Tom Merendino Award: Calli Malia and Sean Moore
- The Joseph A. Scalfaro Award: Kelsey Poley and Pat Shober
- 05-11-11 Absecon will be holding their annual Baseball Tournament for 8U, 10U, and 12U All Star (not AAU) teams. The 10U and 12U tournaments will be held Jun 16-20 and the 8U machine pitch tournament will be held Jun 21-25. Exact dates subject to adjustment depending on number of teams. Contact Stash Marczyk at 335-4660 for more information.
- 05-01-11 We are now taking 8th Grade Award nominations. Get your form in to a Board Member or mail it in ASAP. Selections will be made at the Jun 5 membership meeting.
- 05-01-11 ADULTS ONLY Bus trip to see Phillies vs Nationals on Saturday Aug 20th. Cost: $65.00 per person. Price includes ticket and bus ride. For Tickets contact Keith Bennett.
- 03-10-11 Calling all volunteers, parents and members!! The Annual Field Clean Up Day will be this Saturday, March 12, 2011 from 9 am to 11am. Your help is needed. Please bring with you rakes and shovels. If it rains, field clean up will occur on Sunday, March 13, 2011.
It will also be your last chance to register your child for the baseball/softball season at the Concession Stand at the Pitney Fields. Rain or Shine. Please spread the word to family and friends so that every child who wishes to play will be able.
- 02-20-11 ASAC will have final baseball and softball signups this Thursday and Friday evening from 6-8 pm in the ECA lobby. 2011 Registration forms are available and can also be mailed in. Forms will also be available at signup. Anyone interested in being a coach or assistant coach please indicate it on the registration form. We are still soliciting for volunteers for some positions if you are interested in volunteering your time.
- 02-05-11 ASAC will have baseball and softball signups this Saturday, February 5, 2011, from 9-11 am in the ECA lobby. 2011 Registration forms are available. Forms will also be available at signup. Anyone interested in being a coach or assistant coach please indicate it on the registration form. We are still soliciting for volunteers for some of the positions noted below.
- 01-20-11 ASAC will have baseball and softball signups this Saturday, January 22, 2011, from 9-12 pm in the ECA lobby. 2011 Registration forms will be available shortly. Forms will also be available at signup. Anyone interested in being a coach or assistant coach please indicate it on the registration form.
ASAC is also soliciting volunteers for the following positions. Please email us with your interest as soon as possible. If you have questions about the responsibilities of each position just ask.
- Baseball Commissioner (Overall)
- Individual League Commissioners (Rookie, American League, National League, Weeball, Senior League)
- Concession Stand Representatives
- 11-09-10 There will be informal, open practice for 3rd and 4th grade boys basketball from 5:30-6:30 pm on Mondays starting 11/8 in the Marsh School gym.
- 10-31-10 Basketball signups will be held in the Marsh School lobby from 6-8 pm on Mon 11/1, Tue 11/2, and Mon 11/8. The registration form is now available.
- 08-11-10 There will be a Fall Baseball sign up on Mon 8/16 at the Pitney Road Wagon Wheel Concession Stand from 5:30pm to 7:30pm. The registration form can also be mailed in to the PO Box, but must be received by Fri, Aug 30. Team is determined by the child's age as of April 30, 2011. Current plans are to start practicing before the end of Aug, start playing games by the middle of Sep, and end in early Nov. We will play other teams in the area with a total of 10-12 games overall.
- The 10u team will consist predominately of those who are 9-10yrs old. Any parent who feels their 8yr old child has the skills to compete at this level is encouraged to come out. The 10u team will be coached by Jim Pontari. He can be reached at 609-407-9394 or 609-839-2076.
- The 12u team will consist of those who are 11-12yrs old. The 12u team will be coached by Vince Graziano and Phil Santa Maria.
- 07-30-10 Come join us for coaches/members softball game on Sunday, Aug 1st at 4pm at the Wagon Wheel fields. This will be a pick-up style game for adults only. ASAC will provide food and drink. If you are interested, please email Keith Bennett. If you are interested in helping prepare the field for play, just come out a little early.
- 06-30-10 Congratulations to the 2010 ASAC 8th Grade award winners.
- The Kay Higbee Award: Summer Crilley and Franco Rifici
- The Tom Merendino Award: Brianne Long and Michael Mooney
- The Joseph A. Scalfaro Award: Kimberly Fatzinger and Tyler Hersh
- 06-25-10 Come check out the NJ WAVE play at the South Jersey Field of Dreams at 6:30pm on Monday, June 28th. This is the second year that a group of league players will play a team from outside of the organization.
Sponsored by the New Jersey American Lung Association, and funded by New Jersey Pediatric Patient Charitable Trust Fund, New Jersey WAVE is a free camp for children who have medical needs, such as the need for mechanical ventilation, trachs, feeding tubes, or help with daily care. The aim of the program is to allow this population to experience what many New Jersey kids enjoy at the shore. The scheduled game will follow a BBQ and pep rally for both groups of special players.
- 06-14-10 Absecon Invitational Baseball Tournament information, rules, and brackets are now posted. Check the Tournament page.
- 04-23-10 We are now taking 8th Grade Award nominations. Get your form in to a Board Member or mail it in ASAP.
- 04-11-10 Marsh Madness! This year's Marsh Madness Tournament was another success thanks to John (Johnny I) Eisenlohr, Larry Ferguson, Brian Fitzpatrick, Kelly Heck, Bryan Higbee, Herb Lefferts, Mara Marczyk, Ted Shober, Pat Spina, Stash Marczyk, Jerry Lynch, Mike Thomas, Pat Killian, Tami Spicer, and all the other volunteers. Thanks also go to the Absecon Blue Devils and Absecon Girls basketball. And a special thanks from the ASAC Board and all of ASAC to Pete Higbee who continues to make this one of the best basketball tournaments in South Jersey.
- 03-05-10 Final signups for Baseball & Softball will be held this Saturday, Mar 6th from 9am to 12noon in the Attales School Lobby. If you miss or cannot attend the signups, you can fill out the form and mail it to the PO Box. We urge everyone to sign up early - it helps us greatly in planning.
- 11-02-09 We are now taking registration forms for the 2009 basketball season.
- 10-18-09 There will be informal, open practice for 3rd and 4th grade boys basketball from 5:30-6:30 pm on Mondays starting 10/19 in the Marsh School gym. For questions, call Stash Marczyk 641-7731.
- 10-17-09 Soccer photos will be held on Monday, Oct 26th in the Marsh School Cafeteria (Schedule). Coaches will have forms shortly and there will be forms at the photo session. For those wishing to pay online, you can select your package and prepay here.
- 08-06-09 Signups for Fall Softball will be held this Saturday, Aug 8th from 9am to 11am at the Wagonwheel Concession Stand.
- 08-06-09 We are now taking registration forms for both Fall Softball (U8, U10, U12, U14/16) and Fall Baseball (U10, U12). Time is short as these teams need to be set up quickly.
- 07-18-09 We are now taking registration forms for the 2009 soccer season. Don't wait until fall, get it out of the way now.
- 06-28-09 Congratulations to this year's winners of the Absecon Invitational Baseball Tournament.
Many thanks to all the volunteers who made this Tournament possible including Pete Higbee, Brigid & Steve Hughes, Larry "Scoops" McCarty, Bob Spicer, and last but not least Pat Spina.
- 8U: Hammonton
- 10U: Linwood
- 12U: Linwood
- 06-19-09 Congratulations to the ASAC National League Champion Cubs.
- 06-17-09 Congratulations to the 2009 ASAC award winners.
- The Kay Higbee Award: Emily Higbee and Alex Hughes
- The Tom Merendino Award: Annie Wenz and Gannon White
- The Joseph A. Scalfaro Award: Melissa Clark and Eric Evans
- 06-16-09 Congratulations to the 16U Babe Ruth Girls softball team on winning the Championship by beating EHT1 by a score of 2-1. They finished their season an excellent 12-3-1.
- 06-15-09 Congratulations to the ASAC American League Champion Indians.
- 04-05-09 Marsh Madness a success! Thanks to Mark Barbetto, John (Johnny I) Eisenlohr, Glen Favre, Larry Ferguson, Brian Fitzpatrick, Steve Hackett, Kelly Heck, Bryan Higbee, Herb Lefferts, Jodi Long, Mara Marczyk, Ted Shober, Colleen Tkachyk, and all the other volunteers who helped make this 30th anniversary of the Absecon Marsh Madness basketball tournament a success. And a special thanks from the ASAC Board and all of ASAC to Pete Higbee who continues to make this one of the best basketball tournaments in South Jersey.
- 04-03-09 We are now taking 8th Grade Award nominations. Get your form in to a Board Member or mail it in ASAP.
- 02-24-09 Blue Team wins!
- 01-27-09 Baseball/Softball form for 2009 is now available. Fees will remain as is for this season. Note that due to Little League documentation requirements, American and National League registrations must be received on or before 3/28/09 or the player will be ineligble for Little League tournaments.
- 01-21-09 NOTE: The Baseball/Softball form has been removed pending recent updates and a revaluation of the registration fee schedule.
- 01-16-09 Updated 2009 ASAC forms are now available. Baseball/Softball form is also available. Click the link to the left.
- 10-20-08 Interesting article from Oct 2006 Newark Star Ledger regarding glasses in sports.
- 10-17-08 Basketball signup form is now available on the Forms page.
- 09-05-08 Due to probable inclement weather, the soccer signup will be held at the New Jersey Ave American Legion (downstairs).
- 08-28-08 Soccer signup Saturday, September 6th, 8am-11am at the Marsh School. Sign up now, don't wait until last minute.
- 07-25-08 Fall Baseball signup form is now available on the Forms page. Contact Pat Spina 641-2233 for U10 or John Couchoud 432-7931 for U12 if interested.
- 07-14-08 ASAC Constitution and By Laws added to the About ASAC page.
- 07-12-08 Soccer signup form is now available on the Forms page.
- 05-29-08 8th Grade Award information is now available. Get your nominations in to a Board Member ASAP.
- 04-24-08 Directions link now works to Google Maps.
- 04-15-08 Some links to the left are still not working. Will get to them eventually.
- 04-15-08 Sports page is now up. Check it out for info like rules and schedules. Click a sport link to the left.
- 04-15-08 Forms page is now up. Click the link to the left.
The Knights of Columbus Villa Marie Council is sponsoring Major League Baseballís Official Pitch,
Hit and Run contest on Saturday, April 26th at 6pm at the South Jersey Field of Dreams Ball Park
on Morton Ave in Absecon.
Youths ages 7 to 14 are eligible with four age groups 7-8, 9-10, 11-12, and 13-14. Boys and girls
are invited to compete free of charge. Bring a birth certificate and your glove.
Winner in each age group will go on to the Regionals. Sectionals will be held at Citizens Bank Park
before a Phillies game, with the finals at Yankee Stadium before the 2008 MLB All Star game in NYC.
Call Ray Williams at 652-0565 for more information.
Registration will take place at 5:30pm the day of the event.
Go to Calendar >>
- Absecon Dairy Queen
- Absecon Lions Club
- Allstate Insurance Company
- American Legion Post 28
- Brayces Dr. Bray & Dr. Pfund
- Capaldi, Reynolds & Pelosi
- Demario Design, Inc.
- Dr. John J. Keating, DMD
- Farinelli Electric
- First National Bank of Absecon
- Friendly Deli
- Galloway Ace Hardware
- Glenn Insurance, Inc.
- Grace Mechanical
- Joe and John's Pizza
- Marrone Lawn Sprinklers
- Mutchko and Sheppard Law Office
- Parsels Funeral Home
- Polistina & Associates
- Proforma Corporate Concepts
- Remax Atlantic Realty
- The Kelly Agency
- UBS Financial Services
- Vic's Sub Shop
- Zona Real Estate